Please read this page carefully before applying. If you have further questions about the application process, please refer to our FAQ page.
What do we offer?
- A unique PhD program in neuroscience
- Competitive salary for the whole duration of your studies
(approx. monthly net salary around 1800 EUR, increasing over the years)
(corresponding to approx. 65% of the remuneration group 13 of the TVÖD Bund)
- Possibility of lab rotations during the first six months
- A multitude of training opportunities: methods workshops, courses, travel grants, soft skills courses, etc.
- Mentoring and guidance by a Thesis Advisory Committee
- Career development opportunities
- International and administrative support with a dedicated Coordination Office
- Family support
Who can apply?
You can apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field or Bachelor's degree in medicine (other Bachelor's degrees in exceptional cases, please see our FAQ)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong motivation to pursue a PhD degree
Note: The right to confer degrees remains with the University of Bonn and you must meet all the admission and degree requirements of the faculty where you choose to study.
How to apply?
- Fill out the Online Application. You can click "Create new account" to register and work on your application.
- You will be asked to name two referees in the application. Inform them about your application and ask them to follow the instructions at the link we send them.
- You will be informed when your referees upload the letters. Your application is not complete without the letters of recommendation!
- After the deadline (November 15), the Selection Committee will review all complete applications.
- Successful applicants will be invited to an online selection symposium in February/March. Applicants who did not get shortlisted will be notified by February.
- Accepted candidates will start their PhD no later than October 2022.